How to reach the glamping site
Our SatNav post code is:
You can also click here to see our location on Google Maps.
Directions from M4 Juction 18 by Car
- Exit the M4 at junction 18 Badminton GL9, UK
- Take A46 to Bradford Rd/A363 in Bath and North East Somerset
- Continue on A363. Take B3109 to Frome Rd/A361 in Rode
- Continue on A361 to B3092
- Get on A303 in Wiltshire from B3092
- Merge onto A303
- At Hazelgrove Roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A359
- Pass the Sparkford Inn will be on the left
- Turn left on Wolverlands sign posted South Barrow 1 and 3/4 miles
- Pass entrance to Sparkford House on your left
- Enter South Barrow, please drive carefully through our village. Pass the church on your right.
- Descending the hill and round the bends, the road becomes Strawberry Lane. Ascend the hill
- Descend the hill on Strawberry Lane, passing Fosters Farm on your right
- As you descend the hill you will see our flags flying at the entrance
- Continue along Strawberry Hill. Woodland Escape is on your right.
If you are coming to the glamping site from London on the A303 the most direct route is to follow the signs for Haynes Motor Museum.
Before you see the Haynes sign and the glamping site sign you will see a sign referring to Castle Cary and then you will pass under a bridge as shown below.
Almost immediately after the bridge is a lay-by.
After the lay-by there you will see a sign for Haynes Motor Museum and the traditional brown sign for a campsite. Take the relevant turn off left following these signs. As shown below.
Take the turning left sign posted South Cadbury, North Cadbury and Sparkford Village as shown below
At the T-junction turn right following the brown signs for Haynes and the campsite. This is also sign posted 'Sparkford'.
Follow the road you are now on for approximately a mile, passing a lay-by on your right and 'Camelot' garden centre on your left.
Pass the sign post for Haynes Motor Museum, the sign post is on your left as shown below. At this point do not follow sign posts to Haynes any further.
Pass the cricket pitch on your right. The A359 will merge in from the right. Bear left to follow the brown sign for The Fleet Air Arm Museum as shown below.
Cross the bridge and immediately after turn right sign posted South Barrow as shown below.
Drive under the bridge and along the lane passing Sparkford House on your left. after approximate 1.5 miles you will reach the village of South Barrow.
For your safety please drive carefully & slowly along the narrow country lanes in & surrounding our village.
Horses: If you see horses with riders on the road, the Highway Code rules are to drive slowly and quietly, giving horse riders plenty of room and be ready to stop. To avoid scaring horses it is best not to sound your horn, rev your engine or accelerate rapidly once you have passed.
Large vehicles: It is accepted country practice to allow the large vehicle right of way. Please be prepared to stop and let oncoming vehicles pass or reverse to a passing place.
At the end of the village you will pass the church and the telephone box on your right as shown below.
Follow the road down the hill, this then rises again and drops once more. As you descend the hill you will see our flags flying at the entrance. After approximately 2 miles you will find Woodland Escape on your right.